When looking for the best fishing bc Canada has to offer, Frontier Farwest Lodge prides itself on having assembled an elite guide staff consisting of some of the best steelhead guides in the industry. Not only are they excellent woodsmen, oarsmen and guides, they also have engaging, approachable and down to earth personalities. They are friendly instructors who have mastered every aspect of fly fishing for steelhead when fishing BC Canada waters, and they are eager to share their knowledge.
- 8-10 weight single-hand rods, 9-10 ft in length
- 7-9 weight Spey rods, 12’6”-14ft in length. Loaner Rods can be made available if requested in advance.
- A large reel with at least 150-200 yards of backing and a good drag system (probably your most important piece of equipment).
- Floating and sinking tip lines of 150-200 grains for the single handers (versa tips systems with certainly have you covered.
- Skagit or windcutter style lines with a good selection tips including floating intermediate, type 3 and type 6 and are recommended for the Spey fishermen.
- A selection of your favorite steelhead drys and a good variety sparsely to medium dressed wet flies.( a detailed list of recommended patterns will be provided upon reservation)
- 8-12lb Maxima tippet, a variety of butt material, and a good selection of 7-9ft tapered leaders..
- Breathable gortex waders with felt soled boots
- Good raincoat or wading jacket with a hood
- Wading stick if desired
- A great attitude and the desire to have a lot of fun fishing BC Canada waters!